Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Daredevil Reboot



I'm watching Daredevil with Ben Affleck and have decided it is time reboot the franchise.  I think the massive problem with the movie was the script and Maybe Ben shouldn't act with his real life partner.  I know most people blame Ben Affleck, but really it was the script mainly.  

We can't have Ben Affleck back because of the stigma most people have with him and action movies.  Unfortunately, Michael Clarke Duncan can't reprise his role of the Kingpin.  We would need a new cast.  Here are my picks.

First we need someone to play Matt Murdock/Daredevil.  I have two possible choices of young actors that could play the role of the blind lawyer from Hell's Kitchen.


My first pick would be Kellan Lutz. He's best known for his role in the Twilight Saga and more recently the Legend of Hercules.  He has the physique and looks for a great Daredevil.  What about the talent?  His resume doesn't scream box office smash.


My second pick is Tom Felton. He may not have the physique.  He does have the talent and thanks to his role Draco Malfoy, he does have a loyal following. Would he be believable?


My one and only pick for Elektra is Chloe Moretz.  She is a very talented young actress and could do the role quite well.  However, I would bring her in the 2nd film of the franchise.  


For the first film, I would use Emma Watson to play Karen Page, arguably Daredevil's best girlfriend.  Emma has a strong following like Tom Felton and has a strong film resume with The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Noah.



Every hero needs a sidekick and Matt Murdock has Foggy Nelson.  My pick for this May surprise some but I pick Shad Gregory Moss a.k.a Lil Bow a Wow.  He's a pretty good actor.  He did well in Tyler Perry's Big Happy Family.  He does have a following because of his music.

Now for the villains, who should be in the 1st film.  Who should play them?  How do you replace Michael Clark Duncan as the Kingpin.  What about Bullseye?



How about Morris Chestnut as the Kingpin?  He has a menacing look about him.  He's tall and built.  He has an impressive film career.  He also has a large female fan base.


I pick Nicholas Hoult as Bullseye, the deranged assassin.  He has a lot of talent  and I believe can play the psychopath quite well.



What about Kingpin's henchman, Tombstone? Taylor Kitsch would be perfect.  His got a great physique and even though John Carter failed miserably,  I think he can pull this role off.


  Batman had Catwoman.  Daredevil has a femme fatale as well named Typhoid Mary.  My pick would be Isla Fisher.  She's a great actress that could do this complicated character justice.


While I'm at it, what Chadwick Bossman as the Black Panther?  It is high time that Black Panther should come to the screen.  Chadwick Bossman would be perfect.  


Well there you have it.  That is kind of my cast for a Daredevil reboot.  Who would you pick?

Until next time, may all your drinks be top shelf and well mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment