Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 28, 2013


 The Big Gay Jay Show
 

 
 

 

Hello everyone!!!!  This week’s blog is going to be filled with my current obsessions.  Let’s get started because I have lots of them.

 


 

My 1st item is a television show about a terrorist group of serial killers called “The Following”.  This amazingly well thought out vehicle stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy.  However, it is filled with many great performers.  If you have missed shoe, you really need to watch it.  It is filled with excitement, drama, thrills and a great, original story. 


 

For my taste, two performers are above the rest.  One is a bad guy, Jacob Wells.  This character was done by Nico Tortorella.  He was able to play this budding serial killer with a heart.  I ended up rooting for him to survive the inevitable meltdown of the group.  Of course as usual, he is not bad looking.

 

If he looks familiar, you may recognize him from Scream 4.  His star is just beginning to rise.  I can’t wait for the next season, which I hope he will still be there.  I also can’t wait for his future projects.

 

For the good boys, there is none other than Ryan Hardy fan, FBI Agent Mike Weston.  Mike Weston is masterfully played by Shawn Ashmore.  He’s beaten to pulp.  He’s lost his cool.  He’s been held hostage. Shawn Ashmore has gone from almost naive to bitter to cool streetwise.  His character is a great sidekick to Kevin Bacon’s Ryan Hardy.

 

Does Shawn Ashmore look familiar to you?  He played Iceman in the “X-Men” movies and will be reprising the role in the upcoming “X-Men: Days of Future Past”.  He’s also got a great future ahead.  He’s great as an action hero and when he gets a little order, I think he will be able to carry them on his own. For now, I can just hope there is more “Following” and more “X-Men”.

 


Let’s go onto my movie review this week.  I went and saw “The Big Wedding”.  This movie stars Robert De Niro, Susan Sarandon, Diane Keaton, Topher Grace, Katherine Heigl, Robin Williams and Amanda Seyfried.  The film was very well written and funny.  The whole cast shine and do a fantastic job.  It is kind of predictable, but it is fun to watch even though you know what’s coming next.

 

The character for me was Alejandro, the adopted son getting married.  He was played beautifully, by Ben Barnes.  Ben Barnes is, of course, easy on the eyes, but as usual, I like someone with talent.  He’s definitely my Beef Cake.
If he looks familiar, he played Prince Caspian in “The Chronicles of Narnia” second and third movie.  He’s young and hasn’t had many roles, but I see more coming his way. I wish he was coming my way.  I could teach him some new talented skills.


 

How could I mention this film without glowing about Amanda Seyfried?  This woman has grown in her acting over the years and is my Belle of the Ball.
 
She is beautiful.  She is talented.  She is young.  She has played comedy, drama, thrillers and musicals.  What can’t she do?  I first noticed her as one of the plastics in “Mean Girls”.  After several television appearances, she amazed me in “Alpha Dog”, “Mamma Mia”, “Red Riding Hood” and “Les Miserables”.  She is simply amazing and deserves all of these roles and more.  I don’t see her slowing down anytime soon and I see her being America’s Newest Sweetheart.

 
 

Speaking of American things, have you been watching the boys of summer?  I am obsessed with the Kansas City Royals.  I am from Kansas City and will always be a Kansas City Royals fan.  It has been hard to be Royals fans since they haven’t been in the playoffs since 1985.  I know the season is early but it is looking good.

 

The team has a great pitching staff.  They seem to be a more unified unit.  I actually have been enjoying their games a lot.  Alex Gordon is a monster player, but you can’t win a team sport by yourself.  Moustaka, Franceour, Hosmer, Butler, Escobedo and Cain have had really great times at bat this year and their defensive play is best in the league in my biased opinion.  The team looks really good at going to the playoffs.  I will keep watching and praying.

 

Seeing how I have to pick a favorite of the team to be my dream guy.  It is a tough choice.  I wouldn’t kick any of them out of bed for eating crackers.  With that said, I have to pick Jeff Franceour “Frenchie”.  He seems to have a lot of fun on the field.  He’s got a great arm with accurate precision.  He’s not a great hitter but he’s the worse either.  He’s very handsome and so doable. If only he would dump that girl that hangs around him, I could so make him happy.  At least for one night, that is

 

Last but not least, I’m going to Shine the Rainbow on my You Tube obsession. Joseph Birdsong.  He’s a young gay man from Mississippi that has some very funny videos for your humor.  He’s also real good with “your dad” jokes.  I can’t do them justice, but you should watch him just for those.  He’s also single and kind of cute so shower him with words of love and affection.  I would, but it would kind of be pedophiliac if I did.  Bottom line, watch his videos and have yourself a good life.


 


There you have this week’s blog. Until next week, May all your drinks be mixed well and heavily poured

No comments:

Post a Comment