Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Big, Tall Glass of Chocolate Milk, plus Some Resurrected Favorites


The Big Gay Jay Show

 


 

 
Hey all!!!  What a week it has been.  We’ve had to show resurrected, a long awaited movie sequel premiered and the first professional active American League major sports figure has come out of the closet.

 

Let’s begin by Shining the Rainbow on none other than Jason Collins.  What a break this was for all those LGBT athletes out there.  Ten years ago this would have been ludicrous.  Wow, I am almost speechless.  It is amazing and gives hopes to the sporty types and definitely shows that some of LGBT got game.

 

Jason Collins is 34 years old.  He’s 7 ft tall and 255 lbs.  He’s a tall cup of steaming Mocha Latte and I just want to drink him up.  He is a twin and both brothers have played for the NBA.  Jason is currently a Washington Wizard Center. 

 

It is very brave for someone to come out while in the sports arena which has always been viewed as homophobic and inflexible.  Rumor has it that he came out because after the bombing in Boston, he realized life is short and life isn’t worth living, if he can’t live to its fullest extent.  I must agree with that logic.

 

I think it is great and I am proud of him.  He did receive a phone call from President Obama to congratulate him on his truth.  No president called me, but I digress.  However, Jason Collins does add thanks to all of us who came out before him and especially to a slew of Athletes that have made that decision too.  Below is a short list.

 

  • John Amaechi – Basketball
  • Billy Bean – Baseball
  • Billie Jean King – Tennis
  • Rudy Galindo – Figure Skating
  • Matthew Mitcham – Diving
  • Martina Navratilova – Tennis
  • Blake Skjellerup – Speed Skating
  • Greg Louganis – Diving
  • Gareth Thomas – Rugby
  • Robbie Rogers – Soccer
  • Anton Hysen – Soccer
  • Many, many more

 

Again congrats Jason Collins!!!!  In case you are wondering Mr. Collins, I am gay and single.  I am little older than you, but I do like sports and sure the Washington Wizards are my new favorite team.  I’m also low maintenance.  As long as I can travel the world to see cool things and my mom and son will never need to worry, I am yours forever.  Just think about it and get back to me.

 

 

Quick Review:

 

From the ashes Hulu and Prospect Park have resurrected, All My Children and One Life to Live.  New shows began airing on Hulu on Monday 04/29.  Both shows have some real merit and I think will be fabulous.  Give them a try and you can see them anytime day or night.

 

On All My Children, you need to watch out for Eric Nelson, Denyse Tontz and Robert Scott Wilson who play AJ, Miranda and Pete respectively.  They are the newest members to this cast.  They are challenged with bringing in younger viewers and I believe they will get the job done.  They are fun to watch and have some really good skills.  Plus all three are not bad to looking either.



 
 


 

However, All My Children is missing fan favorites like Susan Lucci and Michael E Knight.  I hope they come on the show to at least give the new show some support and tie up some loss ends.  Until then, you have Vincent Irizarry, Cady McClain, Jill Larson, David Canary, Julia Barr, Darnell Williams, Debbi Morgan and Thorsten Kaye to keep you company.

 



On One Life to Live, they have brought back many favorites Erika Slezak, Hillary B Smith, Robin Strasser, Kassie De Paiva, Tuc Watkins and many many more.  They have large cast, but have lost their Hispanic Vega Family.  Jessica and Rex are also both MIA.

 

Hold the phone is that a High School Musical alum.  Why yes it is.  Cute, sexy and talented, Corbin Bleu has joined the cast of One Life to Live.  He is joined by Robert Gorrie, who plays a good looking Matthew Buchanan, and Laura Herrier, who plays a very sleek and sexy Destiny Evans.  The three join 4 year veteran Kelley Missal, who plays the incomparable Danielle Manning, for the younger demographics.

 

I see Danielle Manning (Kelley Missal)  taking over this show.  Her character is the most interesting and the wild child.  In four episodes she has already OD’d and her “dad” has come back from the dead.  I can't wait to see what the writers have in store for this star.

 

That is the last thing I will speak about the new shows.  They are on a faster pace than what you knew before.  If you blink, you may miss how the storyline evolves and grows.  I recommend not missing a minute.  How can you, since you can watch it anytime?

 
 

Iron Man 3…..Simply the best. Don’t believe me.  Ask anyone.  The storyline is awesome.  The special effects are cool.  The acting is spot on.  Robert Downey JR.  is Tony Stark.  Guy Pearce was fantastic and Ben Kingsley was perfect.

 


 

There you have it.  Until next week, May all your drinks be mixed well and heavily poured.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment