Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 17, 2013

What the F*#$?!?!?! He's Back!!!!

 
The Big Gay Jay Show!!!
 
 


Thanks to my friend, Mike Sullivan.  I have a caricature of me to head up my new blog, "The Big Gay Jay Show."  I'm very excited to be doing this yet again and hopefully will be moving to a new VLog as well.  However, sadly enough there will not be puppets this time around.  For those of you that don't know about the puppet show, it's best you don't ask.



So lets get this started with Movies!!!

1st up is Identity Theft.  Everyone knows by now that Jason Bateman's identity has been stolen by Melissa McCarthy because of Jason Bateman's characters unisex name, which is used successfully in many jokes.  The movie is very funny and at times has its touchy feely points.  The whole theater was out loud laughing, not snickering or quietly chuckling, but knee slapping laugh to you cry laughing.  The writing and delivery is really done well.

Now for the stars of the film....

 Jason Bateman turns in a stellar performance as this prim do-gooder guy that just wants his life back in its neat tidy little box. His straight man delivery is fantastic and his characters growth in the film is  spot on.  I strongly believe that Jason Bateman's talents are not being utilized to its full potential by Hollywood which is sad for Hollywood and bad for us viewers.

Melissa McCarthy turns in yet again a great and funny performance.  She borders on the line of being kind of predictable, but though her characters may be similar in certain ways, she really puts a spin on them that makes each on unique.  She does a great job transforming this character from a devil may care bad girl to someone you want to invite over for dinner.  I would just recommend watching your throat, if you've seen the movie you will know what I mean.


2nd, we have Oz the Great and Powerful.  This is the story of the Wizard of Oz before he landed in OZ.  It begins in black and white and moves into color like the "Wizard of OZ" of 1939.  It shows how the Wizard transforms this world and gives reason to the Wicked Witch of the West and why everyone wants her dead, which honestly in the 1939 film, I never knew why she should be killed except that she was wicked and wanted those darn ruby slippers.  Though some believe it lasted too long in black and white, I really liked the film and didn't want it to stop.  In fact, I may be in a minority, but I liked it better than the 1939 "Wizard of OZ" and hope they remake that film very soon.

Now for the stars of the film....

Class acts of the film were Mila Kunis who was amazing and fantastic as Theodora.  She really showed her naivety and power all at the same time.  Rachel Weicz as Evanora was masterful and deliciously entertaining.  However the best of the best were the China Doll and Finley, the flying monkey, voiced by Joey King and Zach Braff respectively.  They both delivered some of the greatest lines and most touching moments of the film.

In my opinion, Michelle Williams and James Franco turn in OK performances and seem to be the most lack luster of the cast.  Don't get me wrong, they were good.  They just weren't spectacular and with the rest of the cast, the artwork, costumes, sets and graphics, they should have all been spectacular.


The last move is The Call. Halle Berry plays a 911 operator that has probably one of the worse calls that someone could ever have, which forces her to be gun shy about getting back on the phones.  As things play out, she is put in the same situation again and is forced to work past her anxiety to save the life of a kidnapped victim played by Abigail Breslin.

The movie is pretty predictable.  There is a nice little twist at the end.  No matter that it was predictable, the film does what it is suppose to do.  You are suppose to be a little on edge and transformed from your world and implanted in the film.  It meets that requirement very well.

Now the stars....

Halle Berry is good and I like seeing her in some action films.  She's not masculine and not over muscled.  She has this air as a girly girl that I can't do the rough stuff and then flips it on you and shows she can kick butt along with the best of them. 

Abigail Breslin has grown up.  I'm very excited to see what else Abigail has in store for us in her amazing acting career because in this you felt her fear, struggle and hope.



This leads me to my Belle of the Ball.  The woman I want to showcase this week is Abigail Breslin.  Who would have thought that the awkward quirky little girl full of spunk from "Little Miss Sunshine" would grow into such a beautiful young lady.  She is absolutely stunning.

Beyond that, I believe she steals the movie in "The Call" from gorgeous Halle Berry.  Abigail really sank her teeth into the this character and seemed to really go into some dark places to pull that fear and feeling of hope against a monster.  She was quite brilliant. 

However, this should come as no surprise after Oscar nominated performance in  "Little Miss Sunshine", her touching performance in "My Sister's Keeper" and her heartwarming performance in "Definitely Maybe".  There is more to come and I can't wait.



Since we had the Belle of the Ball, I must take a moment to talk about My Choice of Beef.    This being my first blog back on the net, I must showcase my particular main man, Matt Damon.  I know he doesn't have any movie currently out nor is he in the news.  He hasn't won any awards like his bud, Ben.  He's just smoking hot. 

Matt Damon is on e of those actors I think is akin to Paul Newman or Robert Redford.  He's very attractive and makes you believe he is the character he's portraying.  Even though Jeremy Renner was in the Bourne Legacy and did well, he's no Jason Bourne and can't wait for another Bourne movie with both Damon and Renner in it.  Not sure my heart could take it with that much gorgeousness on the screen, but I will mustard through it so please make it.

My inexplicable love affair with Matt began with "School Ties".  I like a clean cut bad boy.  If you haven't seen the film, rent it or netflix it or whatever.  I grew to love him even more with "Chasing Amy", "Courage Under Fire", "Good Will Hunting" and "Dogma".  However, it was solidified when he played one of my all time favorite films "The Talented Mr Ripley" where he was just simply amazing.  You felt his awkwardness and need and desire to cling to his new found life.  It was sad, gripping and amazingly done.  The whole cast of that film was amazing, but Matt Damon was as close to perfect as an actor could be.

Though I know he is married to Luciana Barroso and I wish them all the happiness in the world, I would just hope she would keep me in mind if she gets tired of him.  I will gladly take him off her hands for a few years, months, weeks, days or hours....whatever the case may be.




In my life the are a few great wants and desires, Number One would be a wonderful loving and caring husband.  Number Two would be to experience new cultures and great food around the world.  Another important one is a great drink.  Below is my Cocktail recipe for the week......
 

The mix of blue and white liqueurs produces a pale blue base for the Easter Egg Cocktail. Top it off by floating half-and-half over the liquers in a short glass and you've got yourself a liquid Easter egg

Ingredients:

  • 1 oz blue curacao
  • 1 oz white creme de cacao
  • Half and half

Preparation:

  1. Pour the blue curaçao and crème de cacao over ice cubes in an old fashioned glass 
  2. Float the half-and-half on top to taste.

YUMMY!!  Have enough and you will see the Eaaster Bunny!!!




On to our 1st Breakdown!


One might wonder what a breakdown is.  I take one celebrity and try to give some good ole advice from my point of view.  It can be for a celebrity that is in a world of hurt or one that I think just needs swift kick in the ass.  Here we go for some more fun.

I am a huge fan of E Networks Fashion Police.  I am in no way a fashionesta especially when I like sweats, shorts and t-shirts, but I know what I like when I see it.  Plus being an avid viewer of Project Runway and Fashion Star should give me some fashion cred.  I like seeing the styles and hearing the usual four discuss and give pretty good fashion advice.  With that said, I have one problem with the show and it is George Kotsiopoulos.


Don't get me wrong, I think he's very hot and, after I am done dating Matt Damon, I will give George a twirl as well.  He's always well put together which bodes well for him since he is stylist.  He's got my style, looks and fashion taste in his little pinkie than I do in my whole body.  My problem is that he is too nice to every look.  He says things are on trend, which I am taking as that means they don't like it.  The same way when you tell someone their hair is unique or one of a kind means please change it quick.  Another of his famous sayings is that if they wore to this event or that event, it would look good, but not at this event.  That is like saying that dress would look good on Drew Barrymore when you are talking to Cameron Diaz so it must look horrible on her.

I think he tries to be nicey nicey so he doesn't offend any potential client.  I have to applaud him for protecting his brand.  However, he does a disservice to the Joan Rangers by being so mamby pamby with his critiques.  Stop being so nice.  Being real doesn't mean you have to be vile, but you have to be truthful, which I believe you hold back a lot.

In closing, grow a pair.  Don't worry about what those starlets and himbos think of you.  Give them good advice and you will see your styling career will continue to flourish.  I would hire you except I don't think you style for Jabba the Hut size people and seriously what can you do with sweats and t-shirts.

Here's my rant one of my biggest pet peeves.....

Shut the hell up when you are in a theater watching a movie!!!!!  It is rude.  By you talking to your neighbor, asking them who the actor is, pointing out the flaw you just saw and so on and so forth, you break the illusion for everyone around you.  You now have become selfish, rude and childish.  Only children who don't know any better can get away with this crap, everyone else needs to be an adult and show common courtesy to keep all your comments and questions at the end of the film.  Think about that the next time you go into a theater and you have the urge to ask your neighbor "Wasn't she in that one movie?"


There you go folks....Blog of the week.  Until next week, may all your drinks be mixed well and heavily poured.

Big Gay Jay
 

No comments:

Post a Comment