Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Guilty Pleasures

The Big Gay Jay Show


Hello everyone and welcome to this weeks cuss and discuss.  Lets get right to it.
 
 
 
 
 We begin with this weeks Breakdown. I have chosen for this week my Guilty Pleasure of some sorts which is Glee. 
 
 
 
The show is currently in its fourth season and I believe the creative team needs a little direction  so here I go.
 
Glee was fun and cute at the beginning.  They finally created a musical TV show that did well, wasn't completely weird and was endearing.  However, they focused on Rachel "Lea Michele" the supposed star of the show. Maybe she was the person to focus on in the beginning episodes, but characters like Santana, Kurt, Mercedes and Puck showed they should be in the limelight as well. 
 
The only character I have not liked from the beginning was the teacher, Will Shuester.  I find his character selfish, self serving and arrogant.  The most irritating part is when he starts singing with the students like he's one of them instead of their teacher.  He's just annoying and I wish he was off the show, which brings me to what needs to happen for next season. 
 
The characters that have graduated need to cease to have storylines except for guest appearances.  You want to put Rachel, Kurt and Santana in a spiff in New York then do it so you can see fall flat on its face.  It won't last.  The characters are done and we are tired of them.
 
You have successfully added a new cast that we care about and have allowed Artie, Tina, Sam, Brittany and Blaine shine on their own without the rest of the original cast.  The only original cast that you gave a good storyline to was Finn.  You have made him more interesting than any of the original cast and the natural replacement for the overacting and overrated Matthew Morrison. 
 
Though most gay men I know are in love with Blaine.  Yes, he is hot and should be all over him.  He is who he is and that is great to see, but do you really see him struggling.  He never has gone through what Kurt would go through and never will.  The reason being is because he's not as flamboyant as Kurt and has way more self confidence than Kurt did.  I am over this character.  I could care less if he ends up with Kurt or the douche bag from the Warblers or Neil Patrick Harris.  He tends to be sugary sweet and extremely annoying. He's played almost like he's better than others because of how accepting he is. 
The guy to be the new hottie of the show is Jacob Artist.  More interesting than his brother, Puck, Jake is the main love interest this time instead of the football player which is different than before. While Ryder is cute and needed in the storyline and Sam has a great bod, Jake is better actor, dancer and vocalist.  He's got the total package and we really root for him to be better than Puck and want him to stay with Marley.


While I am obsessed with Kitty because she is so deliciously evil, I can't get over the true DIVA of the show, Unique.  This character is fantastic whether we are seeing Wade or Unique.  This is a force vocally and dramatically to be reckoned. Unique is a hurricane of talent, attitude and gorgeousness.  I have watched "The Boogie Shoes" video on you tube over and over.  It was also the first song I ever downloaded from ITunes from Glee.  Unique rules as the most interesting character currently on Glee 
The newer cast are more interesting and fresh.  The only ones from the original cast that is worth keeping is Sue and Finn.  I would much rather Finn continue with Glee Club during after school hours and go to a local college during the day to get his teacher's degree.  This means Will and Emma can move somewhere else.  Sue and Finn can continue the battle.  Santana, Rachel and Kurt can stay in New York.  The rest of the original cast can continue on where ever they are.  However, I see this show only continuing for a couple of more years so they all better get ready for the journey to end.
 
 
 My next guilty Pleasure is my Belle of the Ball.  My diva to pinpoint this week is going to be a bit odd.  I am going to reveal that I occasionally watch the Real Housewives of Wherever.  I have enjoyed Atlanta, New York, Orange County, Beverly Hills, New Jersey and Washington DC.  There is only one housewife that I want to have dinner with.  There is only one housewife that I wish I was her "gay" best bud.  My favorite is Caroline Manzo.

The "Godmother" of Real Housewives of New Jersey.  She is very family oriented which is fantastic to see.  She doesn't blame Bravo or producers or anyone else if she is not shown in a flattering way.  If she loses it, she owns it and moves one.  She's a great friend and has your back as long as you aren't doing anything stupid or hurting her family.  She's the best and, if she wants new gay bff, I'm available for her. I'm also not going to be those Atlanta queens who became friends with them to get on TV.  Whether I am on TV or not, I would love to have a friendship with my favorite housewife, Caroline Manzo.

 
Time for some  questions.......Tell me what your answers would be in the comments section!  The questions come from page 240 of "The Big Book of If" by Evelyn McFarlane and James Saywell
 
 
1) If you were to have some one's autograph tattooed somewhere on your body, whose would it be, and where would it be?
 
I would want any tattoo on the area least likely to hurt and least likely to be seen, so that would mean my butt cheek.  It would have to be the autograph of my favorite male actor, Matt Damon.
 
2) If you could rename any sports team, which would you pick, and what would you rename it?
 
I'm old school and I like sports teams named after warriors or animals.  I would change Sporting KC to the KC Coyotes.
 
3) If you could add one required course to the present school system, what would it be?
 
I'm torn on this one.  I believe there are a lot of things missed in our present school system.  I know that everyone would like their kids to go to college, but that future is not for all members of society.  I would like to see a Life Class...teaching people how to finds a place to live, how to fill out applications for apartments, how to build a resume, how to interview for a job, how to apply for a loan (student, car, home and so on), how to balance a bank account, how to comparison shop, how to budget and how to increase their skills through traditional education and non-traditional education.
 
4) If you could revise the income tax system, what would you propose?
 
This the easiest one for me.  I think there should be a flat 10% tax across the board regardless of income level.
 
 
 
It is time for the BEEF CAKE!
 
My current obsession and guilty pleasure to view is the a doctor on comedy series that I find written well and very funny.  This would be the Mindy Project on Fox.  The show has a great cast and, yes, I do have lust for men from India and the Middle East and since the lead character is of Indian descent, I was hoping for some hot Indian guys.  One did come on the show as her brother, but even is dark skin tone and his dark deep set eyes didn't turn me away from Chris Messina, who plays Dr. Danny Castellano.
Chris Messina is very attractive.  He has that All-American next door boy type of look.  He doesn't look like the quarterback of the football team or the prom king or lead in every performance or the president of the chess club.  He has a look that is very much approachable.  He looks like he could be your best friend. and bud.  He looks like the type of guy that would ask you out.  He looks real and attainable.  That is very sexy by itself.
He has been in many productions.  He's isn't brand new to the scene.  You may remember him from Six Feet Under, Julie & Julia and Damages.  You can see him naked in "28 Hotel Rooms".  It is full frontal nudity which for a man is rare.  He doesn't have anything to be ashamed of at all.  He has a nice butt and pleasant to view body.  He is just very extremely nice to see.  I seriously would make him my next ex-boyfriend. 
 
 
Last but certainly not least  Movie Review
 
 Great animation, great storyline, great acting and fun!
 
Disappointing acting, horrible script, not worth the money
The movie should be called GI Joe: Death of a Franchise.
 
 
There you go kids.  May all your drinks be mixed well and heavily poured.
 
 
Big Gay Jay
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment